Reviews

Monday, January 27, 2014

This Week's Reads!

Happy Monday everyone! 
I thought I would kick off the new week by sharing what I plan to read these coming days.
For those of you who follow me on Goodreads, you'll see that I have multiple books on my "Currently Reading" shelf. However....I may or may not have left behind a few of those books..for a few different reasons. I of course plan on finishing them- and, in the case of "Infinite Jest" especially, am enjoying the story lines...they're just being pushed back for the time being.
Wow, am I long-winded, or what?
Anyway, on to the point of this post, and the entire reason I brought up Goodreads to begin with. If you've seen my currently reading shelf, you'll recognize two of the books I'll be trying to get through this week. 

  • "Slaughterhouse-Five" by Kurt Vonnegut: I'm currently almost halfway through the book, so I should be able to finish it by the end of the week, in time for my January wrap-up video. I won't go into details about it now, but I'm really enjoying the book and the way it makes its crass nature somehow not a deterrent.
  • The "Marked" anthology by Lauren Dane, Vivian Arend, and the writing duo that is Kit Rocha. I was lucky enough to receive an e-arc of this book from Kit Rocha. I'll be honest, I'm including this book in my list hoping that it will inspire me to finish it, because after finishing the Beyond series novella, I'm not as excited to continue on with the other two stories. I'll admit that's due to not being familiar with Arend or Dane and thus, not wanting to perhaps not understand something in their stories that ties in to established series they've done. 
I hope you all have a great week, and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment