Reviews

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Review | "Scottish Witches" by Lily Seafield

6942475This week's review is a short one over a relatively difficult to find, Scottish, non-fiction book "Scottish Witches" which I bought on a whim in Edinburgh in February.
I don't have a Goodreads description this time around, so I will just get right into my thoughts.
Right away, I think this is a good book for people who are interested in the witch hunt periods throughout history or people who like lore and legends.  However, this isn't the most elaborate reference. It's a concise introduction that gives the reader enough information to have a better understanding or jump into more research.
The book itself had a few technical problems.
There were a few typos and missing words in sentences. It got repetitive at times and jumped around in ways that didn't stick to the chapter topics.
I enjoyed the book, it was a quick read, and it was fairly inexpensive when I bought it. Is it a must read for the topic it deals with? No, but if you have the chance, I would recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment